REMINDER TO REGISTER FOR OIP’S BRIEFING ON DRAFT RULES AND SUNSHINE LAW TRAININGPosted on Aug 31, 2017 in Featured, What's New
Please don’t forget to register for the September informational briefings on OIP’s draft administrative rules as well as training on the newest revisions to the Sunshine Law, which were announced in What’s New articles on August 21 and August 8. All presentations will be from 10 a.m. to noon, and will start with a 60-minute briefing on the draft rules for record request procedures under the UIPA. After a short break, OIP will provide a 30-minute summary of the significant Sunshine Law changes under Act 64, SLH 2017 that will go into effect on July 1, 2018. There will be time after each presentation for questions from the audiences at the main locations.
To register, please click below on the date that you would like to attend:
September 6 (Wed.):
* State Capitol Auditorium, 415 S. Beretania Street, Honolulu
September 8 (Fri.):
* Hawaii County Council Chambers, 25 Aupuni Street, Hilo
* Via video to: West Hawaii Civic Center, County Council Room, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy., Kona
September 12 (Tues.):
* Kauai County Council Chambers, 4396 Rice Street, Lihue
September 15 (Fri.):
* Maui County Council Chambers, 200 S. High Street, Wailuku
* Via video to: 100 Ainoa St, Kaunakakai, Molokai
* Via video to: 8th Street, Lanai City, Lanai
* Via video to: 51101 Uakea Road, #A1, Hana, Maui
The video links to the remote locations in Maui County will be cancelled if no one registers to attend by September 8, 2017.
All state and county government employees and members of the public who work with the Uniform Information Practices Act or Sunshine Law are encouraged to attend these presentations.
For the latest open government news, please look out for What’s New articles that are archived on OIP’s website or emailed to you upon request. To be added to OIP’s email list, please email email@example.com. Also, if you would like to receive What’s New articles or attachments in a different format, please contact OIP at (808) 586-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.