The State Office of Information Practices has been hard at work updating its training materials due to statutory changes as well as important new caselaw, which have been described in earlier What’s New articles. Over the last several days, materials have been newly posted or shifted around on OIP’s website to revise or add the following:
- Sunshine Law, including changes from Act 244, effective July 2, 2019
- Sunshine Law Guide for State and County Boards
- Sunshine Law Guide for Neighborhood Boards
- UIPA Guide
- Quick Review: Sunshine Law Meeting Notice Requirements
- Quick Review: Executive Meetings Closed to the Public
- Public Meeting Notice Checklist
- Summary of the Hawaii Supreme Court’s Opinion on the Sunshine Law’s Executive Meeting Requirements
- Court Opinions List
- 1 Hawaii Supreme Court opinion regarding executive meetings
- 1 U.S. Supreme Court opinion regarding confidential business information
OIP has run into some technical difficulties, so the updates to Part II of its UIPA training video will not be completed until later this month. No updates are needed for Part I of the UIPA video.
For the latest open government news, check for What’s New articles that are archived on OIP’s website or emailed to you upon request. To be added to OIP’s email list, please email email@example.com. Also, if you would like to receive What’s New articles or attachments in a different format, please contact OIP at (808) 586-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.